Last week, Ylai, Karie and I had dinner at Ramen Cool and one of their dishes really stuck in my mind that I wanted to recreate it. With the flavor profiles inside my head I went ahead and cooked my own version of Spicy Chicken.
Note: with this recipe I was not quite happy with the heat that I got. Marlo De Vera suggested that I use paprika or cayenne pepper and I think this is a good suggestion.
4 chicken thigh fillet
1/4 cup of soy sauce
3 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
1 can young corn
1 can button mushrooms
1 small onion (sliced)
4 cloves of garlic (crushed and minced)
about a thumb sized ginger (sliced)
1. Dice the chicken thigh fillet into bite size pieces then season with salt and pepper
2. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and hot sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Sautee the garlic, onions and gingers until fragrant.
4. Add the chicken and sautee until the chicken is golden brown.
5. Add the mushrooms and young corn.
6. Add in the sauce and let it simmer until the sauce thickens. Make sure that everything is coated with the sauce.
6. Serve over hot white rice.
I hope you will enjoy this dish :)))
For suggestions on how to improve the recipe please do not hesitate to hit me back 🙂